16 Jun Vegan Mint Chip CBD Cookies
Grain-free, mint choc chip, almond flour cookies made with aquafaba .
I never intended to start a revolution or anything but they might decide to change the phrase from ‘take a chill pill’ to ‘ eat a chill cookie’, just saying. Enriched with a dose of CBD oil to make these already delicious cookies functional as well. Yes, please let’s go!
These Mint Chip Cookies are;
- minty & sweet,
- easy to make
- and calming.
Vegan Mint Chip CBD Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar +⅛ per taste
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup mint chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chickpea brine
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ml CBD oil about 30 drops (depends on potency)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except for the chocolate chips.
- Whisk the chickpea brine in a deep bowl for about 5 minutes until you get soft peaks. Then fold in the rest of the wet ingredients to the now meringue-like aquafaba( chicpea brine).
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until almost completely combined and then add the chocolate chips before combining completely.
- Roll out about 1 tbsp balls or weigh each dough ball to get even size dough balls.
- Layout the dough balls on a baking tray with parchment paper. Use a smaller piece of parchment paper to prevent the dough from sticking to your palm as you flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand. Place the tray in the refridgerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool down for 10 minutes before lifting up and placing on the cooling rack to cool down completely. Store in an air-tight container.