14 Jan Vegan Blueberry & Basil Kombucha Floats
I can still remember 7 year old me trying to convince my mom that soda floats weren’t dessert whenever we went to the Spur or Wimpy diner. Most people don’t have the slightest idea what a soda float is, and that’s so sad. A soda float is the glorious marriage of a glass of cold soda (my favourite was creme soda) and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. When the ice cream starts to melt it makes this fizzy deliciousness. This can be enjoyed with a spoon or slurped up with a straw (reusable duh).
Whether you’re trying to relive some childhood nostalgia or looking for a creative way to celebrate summer. This retro-inspired dessert drink is the perfect way to cool down during the hot summer months.
I used my favourite berry and basil kombucha from Happy Culture that you can find almost anywhere or on Faithfultonature.co.za. But any brand and flavour would be perfect with a scoop of store-bought or homemade vegan vanilla ice cream. To make it even easier and quicker I also used store-bought vegan ice-cream.
This Kombucha Float is ;
- fun and easy,
- sweet and refreshing.
If you loved making this recipe be sure to let me know by rating and commenting below.
Vegan Blueberry Basil Kombucha Float
- 2 Basil & Blueberry Kombucha Or kombucha of choice
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 scoops dairy-free vanilla ice cream or vanilla ice cream of choice
- lavender or edible flowers
- Masterstock Cape dried flowers
- Scoop the ice cream into a shallow bowl and let it thaw.
- Chop up all the basil and leave 2 leaves aside for garnish. Mix the basil into the thawed ice cream and freeze until set for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the kombucha into the glasses until about ¾ full. Add the fresh blueberries. Use a fork to crush a few of them at the bottom of the glass.
- Scoop 2 scoops of the basil ice cream into each glass. Finish with garnishes and enjoy this fizzy dessert with a spoon and reusable straw.