07 Jul Sunny Hibiscus Grapefruit Smoothie
A sweet, summery and floral smoothie packed with vitamin C and antioxidants.
Am I the only one that can’t seem to give up summer food during winter? Especially when it’s so much easier to just plop everything into the blender and get going again. Knowing that you just had a nutritious snack/meal within minutes.
I always try and eat seasonally and now that grapefruit is finally in abundance I want to take full advantage of this gorgeous fruit. The Woolworths Sweet Sunrise Grapefruit is much sweeter and not-as-tangy as ruby star grapefruit which made it perfect to use for this smoothie.
Sunny Hibiscus Grapefruit Smoothie
- 4 tsp hibiscus tea leaves or 2 tea bags
- 1 Sunrise Grapfruit peeled and sliced/quartered
- ½ cup Frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 3 Frozen bananas more for thicker smoothie
- 3 tbsp Coconut yoghurt or plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- 1 tbsp almond butter or any nut butter
- Steep the hibiscus tea leaves in 1 cup of hot water and allow the water to cool down completely before removing the tea strainer/tea bags.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender except for the cold-brewed hibiscus tea. Blend until almost smooth and then add a little of the cold hibiscus tea and blend again. Add little by little tea until you reached the desired consistency. For a thicker smoothie add less tea or more frozen banana and for a thinner smoothie add more tea.
- If you are making a smoothie bowl and topping of your choice.