26 Sep Rooibos Chaga Latte
Luxuriously smooth latte with added maca and naturally sweetened with Medjool dates.
This rooibos chaga latte recipe is perfect for natural energy, fertility, PCOS, and hormonal balance. The mix of chaga and maca is the perfect caffeine-free pick-me-up replacement for your morning coffee.Jump to Recipe
Ladies, if you are finding yourself in the luteal or menstrual phase of your cycle this would be the ideal latte for you. According to Alissa Vitti from FLO Living‘s book, Women Code, our energy levels are at their lowest during these two phases. So it’s totally acceptable to consider napping a “sport”. But other than that our iron and zinc levels are also depleted during the menstrual phase. Therefore we need to take extra care to restore our mineral levels.
A little more about the core ingredients
Don’t you just love it when a latte can contain a little extra benefits? Like the addition of Ceylon cinnamon and rooibos tea of which both ingredients have been said to help improve blood pressure and circulation.
Chaga mushroom contains high levels of B-Vitamins, flavonoids, enzymes, minerals, and phenols. It contains some of the highest known concentrations of antioxidants of any food, such as Melanin. Lastly, it’s also a rich source of Zinc, an essential nutrient for cell growth.
You can prepare Chaga in a French press, similar to preparing ground coffee. But you can also extract the Chaga in a slow brew method using 2 tablespoons of Chaga per every 8 cups of water, simmer for 4-6 hours and then strained. This preparation of Chaga is the most bio-available way to consume. You can put the brew through a sieve and use it once more.
Maca powder is very nutrient-dense and gives you that boost of energy without the caffeine jitters! It contains vitamin C, copper, iron, potassium, vitamin B6, and manganese. On top of that, it has 4 grams of protein per 28 grams. Maca can also helps balance hormones and is frequently used to help manage PCOS, menopause, and female fertility issues.
- If you don’t have a blender, simply just heat up the milk and the rest of the ingredient on the stovetop and then add the Chaga and rooibos mixture.
- If you don’t have a coffee press, you can let the Chaga and rooibos mixture simmer in a jug and then pour it through a very fine sieve.
As always if you loved making this recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram ( #thegoodroots). I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Rooibos Chaga Latte
- 4 tsps chaga
- 2 teabags rooibos
- 2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp coconut butter or cacoa butter/almond butter
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- Add the Chaga powder and rooibos teabag to the coffee press and then pour boiling water in the press. Let it brew for 3-5 minutes.
- In the meantime add the rest of the ingredients to the blender.
- Once the chaga and rooibos mixture is done brewing add it to the blender and blend for 35 seconds or until frothy and smooth.
- Pour into your two mugs and if you want you can sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have a blender , simple just heat up the milk and the rest of the ingredient on the stove top and then add the chaga and rooibos mixture.
- If you don’t have a coffee press, you can let the chaga and rooibos mixture simmer in a jug and then pour it through a very fine sieve.
Some of the latest on the blog
- December + NYE Playlists
- Vegan Blueberry & Basil Kombucha Floats
- Vegan Cinnamon, Date and Orange Buns
- Dairy-free Spiced Rooibos Cake
- Gluten-free Ma’amoul Cookies