24 May Raw Chaga Crunch Balls
Be snack ready to attack those pesky PMS cravings when they show up at your front door.
With activated buckwheat groats, ceylon cinnamon , maca and raw cacoa powder these chaga crunch balls are the perfect snack during menstrual phase or whenever the stars align.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients with a function:
No this is not just your regular cinnamon . Ceylon cinnamon might be a little harder to find than the common Cassia cinnamon, but it is definitely worth the effort.This variety of cinnamon can help lower blood sugar levels and some other impressive health benefits I won’t go into now. If you’re stuggling to balance out your hormones high blood sugar levels can sometimes be part of the problem.
Known as an adaptogen that can help promote hormone balance and boost energy levels. During and before menstrual phase our energy levels are at their lowest so the addition of maca can give that extra boost that is sometimes needed.
If you are seed cycling then the addition pumpkin seeds is good for a as it’s a source of zinc , support progesterone . Zinc and iron levels tend to be low during menstrual phase so replenishing those minerals are important.
Activated Buckwheat Groats
Energy- sustaining and nutrient dense grains like buckwheat is exactly whats needed during this time of the month to keep you going.
Chaga has high levels of B-Vitamins, flavonoids, enzymes, minerals, and phenols and contains some of the highest known concentrations of antioxidants of any food, such as Melanin. It’s also a rich source of Zinc, an essential nutrient for cell growth, differentiation and survival as well as Germanium.
These crunch balls are :
- Naturally sweetened,
- quick, easy
Raw Chaga Crunch Balls
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsps Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ cup vanilla pea protein
- 3 tsps maca powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup brewed chaga ¼ cup water + 2 tsps chaga
- ½ cup activated buckwheat groats lightly toasted
- Bring ¼ water to boil , add 2 tsps chaga and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Alternatively use a coffee plunger .
- While the chaga is brewing add all the ingredients except the buckwheat to a food processor/ blender and give it a quick blitz.
- Slowly add the brewed chaga little by little and blend it in between. Making sure you only as much liquid as needed to make the balls moist enough to roll into balls.
- Scoop the mixture out into a bowl and add the buckwheat . Combine .
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of mixture for each ball and then roll into raw cacoa powder.
- Place the balls in the fridge for about an hour before taking out to enjoy. Store in the fridge.
Share it !
If you enjoyed making this recipe pin it below so you won’t lose it. Rate and comment below or share your images with me @thegoodroots #thegoodroots because I love seeing your creations !