15 Aug Immune-boosting Cinnamon Citrus Juice
Seasonal citrus juice with cinnamon and ginger to add a spicy and warm flavour .
Did you know that you don’t need a juicer to actually make your own juices at home ? A sturdy blender and a nut milk bag, cheese cloth or fine strainer would do the trick !
I almost always use my blender and nut milk bag to make a juice because it’s so much less work to clean up afterwards than with a juicer. Just remember to chop the fruit and vegetables into smaller pieces . Also add a little water to help your blender do its job especially if it’s not a high-power blender.
This is the reusable nut milk bag I use to make my juice and plantbased milk. Once blended you will place the bag over a bowl/pyrex jug, pour the blend in and squeeze. You may need to do it in batches so you don’t make a mess. Afterwards there will only be pulp left but do not throw this out!
Use it in the garden as compost, dry it out in the oven and use it bliss balls or even in my Thai Pumpkin and Carrot Laksa .
This juice is best enjoyed immediately with a few cubes of ice and if you want to be fancy a swirl of lemon and a cinnamon stick.
In general freshly pressed juices are best within 24 hours as it still contains most of it nutritional value. Keeping it in a jar with the lit on or a glass bottle with a cap in the refrigerator will slow down the oxidation process.
As always if you make this juice be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Immune-boosting Cinnamon Citrus Juice
- 6 medium oranges peeled and chopped
- 2 lemons peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb fresh ginger peeled
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water optional
- 1 tsp honey for a sore throat
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 lemon peel swirls
- Peel and chop all the fruit and vegetables before adding into the blender with a little bit of water.
- Blend for 20- 25 seconds until everything is liquid.
- Use a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or fine strainer to strain the juice into a bowl or jug.
- Enjoy immediately with ice and if you are feeling fancy add a cinnamon stick and lemon peel swirl. If you choose to store it, use a jar with a lit or a bottle with a cap and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.